'79 Caprice 2-door Headliner

Lebowski

Sep 6, 2018
I have GOT to change the headliner in my 2dr 1979 Caprice. It's falling down and I can't take it anymore. Is it the same as the 4-doors or a different part? Where's the best place to get one? any tips on changing it would be great too.

J.McGinnis

Apr 22, 2020
I just changes my in my 78. It wasn’t too hard to do. The trim clips ikon the front windshield and rear are a little tricky. I had mine wrapped in vinyl. But a lighter material would be best. Vinyl is a little heavy and without the dome light it sags a bit. Most fabric stores carry headliner and the adhesive for headliner.

mtfris

Jul 29, 2020
I just changes my in my 78. It wasn’t too hard to do. The trim clips ikon the front windshield and rear are a little tricky. I had mine wrapped in vinyl. But a lighter material would be best. Vinyl is a little heavy and without the dome light it sags a bit. Most fabric stores carry headliner and the adhesive for headliner.

Were you able to find replacement clips anywhere?

J.McGinnis

Apr 22, 2020
I think Online there was a place that sells them. I’d have to look for the business card.

Capricechris805

Oct 27, 2020
I dont think 4 door is the same. If the board is still good just go to upholstery shop and ask for material for headliners a few colors available. If board is bad our coupe roof is same as montecarlo and on Dixie restoration there are alot of parts available that also work on our cars. Need 2.5 yards and 2 cans of glue. Had to do mine last night
Could prolly do it with 2 yards but best to have extra than come up short. Good luck.