Body Mount Bushings

kennethneil81

Nov 1, 2020
West Virginia
Hello everyone. As I continue working on my late grandparent's 1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, I keep discovering things that need to be addressed for it can spend time back on the road. One issue that has me puzzled are the body mount bushings. In my spare time, I will search for replacement body mount bushings, however, I have not been able to locate replacements. I have, however, located universal body mounts; which I am open to using if need be. My question is, does anyone on here happen to know the sizes of the body mount bushings for an early 3rd Generation GM B-Body, or does anyone happen to know if there are body mount bushings I could substitute for another GM vehicle, such as a Chevelle or something? Thank you for your help.

Shortfuse

May 15, 2020
I wish I knew as my Impala needs them too. The front end squeaks over bumps from the rubbing of the worn out bushings. If I find anything I will post it.

rt77impala

Aug 1, 2021
Getting close to replacing the ones on my 77 impala. Energy Suspension seems to be the only place with model specific bushing kits for the caprice and impala and they have a decent search tool. I planned on getting the kit for the 90’s model years as the frame I am using is from a 93 caprice. I haven’t measure diameter of the bushings between the 77 and the 93 but from what I can tell they are the same. Only difference I have noticed between the two after having them both down to the frame was the 77 did not have a bolt through bushing for the mount above the rear axle where as the 93 had a bolt through bushing here.

Hope this helps!

Shortfuse

May 15, 2020
Great research and thanks for the info. My radiator support is squeeking due to the front mounts being completely worn out, it's driving me nuts. I have used their polykit for my front suspension and really liked it. Talk about night and day difference. The slop was gone when I put those in and did the ball joints and shocks. Felt like a different car. The body bushings are the last on the list before I put mini tubs in it.

Reactions: rt77impala

blkop

Aug 2, 2021
Hi Energy suspension would be the best option they offer two body bushing kits in ureathane
one is a standad durometer and the other is specific to " police and taxi "
will dig up the numbers hope this helps i have installed ureathane where any rubber bushing was and it is a night and day difference control arms front and rear upper and lower sway bars end links radiator supports and working on the body bushings

Reactions: rt77impala

Latest posts