Where to get parts for a 5th generation B body wagon that needs work.

Michael AU

Apr 26, 2021
G'day
As mentioned in my introductory ost I've come across a 1973 Chev Impala wagon (clamshell). It has no engine or transmission, which isn't a problem because I can source them easily enough, but it does have some rust. The major rust problem I see with it is the boot floor which you will hopefully be able to see in the attached photo. I know there are manufacturers who stamp new sheet metal for floor pans but I have been unable to find anything for the 5th gen B Body wagons. While this rust is not a deal breaker I would like to be able to fit a new floor pan in this section if I can get one, problem is I can't find any manufacturers that are doing them for these land yachts. I'm hoping someone in this illustrious group will be able to point me in the right direction.
Cheers. 1973ImpalaWagonBootFloorRust.jpg

Shortfuse

May 15, 2020
I restore cars for a living and the chances of finding a pre-made part for this are non existant. There is just no demand. You will either have to make one yourself or have one made by a metal fabricator near you. Beware to brace the the inside of the body before cutting out floor or trunk sections or the car can twist when the part is cut free. When you reassemble the car it will no longer be straight and things will look bad and no longer line up.

Reactions: Michael AU

Michael AU

Apr 26, 2021
Thanks for your reply, and sorry for not getting back to you sooner than this.
It is a pity that these are not catered for as they are great vehicles. I will look at other options.
Cheers.

Latest posts