my old B-bodies

gr8whtwhale

Sep 2, 2018
G'boro NC
thought I'd share some pics of my old 9c1's, or as I liked to call them, "poor man's SS's" :p

1992- "Moby" ex small town chief's car... carpet,cloth rear seat, and no holes drilled for light bar or antenna. 350 TBI
1535900693306.png

1995- "19959c1SS" factory purple pearl metallic, LT1, detective's car from the coast of NC (at least that's what the officer's buisness card said ) cloth rear seat, carpet, no drilled holes for light bar... also found a fully loaded M16 magazine under the seat... detective it said????:unsure:
1535901336057.png

wish I hadn't sold either of them, but sold Moby to get the LT1, and sold the LT1 only due to the heat not working(even going through the entire heat system 3 times):cry:. wish I still had some pics of my old 74 2 dr, that car is what sealed my love for these big girls!

CaliWagon83

Aug 30, 2018
Bummer. Maybe one of these days you can get one again. What are the valuations on ‘90s B-Bodies these days, anyway?

CaliWagon83

Aug 30, 2018
I’ve seen some really cherry SS’ go for $15-20k. I think they were only about $24k brand-new.

rwd_pete

Sep 5, 2018
thought I'd share some pics of my old 9c1's, or as I liked to call them, "poor man's SS's" :p

1992- "Moby" ex small town chief's car... carpet,cloth rear seat, and no holes drilled for light bar or antenna. 350 TBI
View attachment 4

1995- "19959c1SS" factory purple pearl metallic, LT1, detective's car from the coast of NC (at least that's what the officer's buisness card said ) cloth rear seat, carpet, no drilled holes for light bar... also found a fully loaded M16 magazine under the seat... detective it said????:unsure:
View attachment 5

wish I hadn't sold either of them, but sold Moby to get the LT1, and sold the LT1 only due to the heat not working(even going through the entire heat system 3 times):cry:. wish I still had some pics of my old 74 2 dr, that car is what sealed my love for these big girls!

I think there is a T in the cooling system heater hose that leads to the plastic coolant top up tank. There is a flow restrictor in the T. Sometimes they breakdown and shutoff the flow.
Pete

Reactions: GP403

gr8whtwhale

Sep 2, 2018
G'boro NC
pete, that was one of the first things I checked.... along with replacing the heater core,twice, and reverse flushing several times... heat would work sporadically, but a cold winter, and several 20* drives to work sealed it's fate.....

Latest posts