Front Brake Pads and Rotors

ledzilla

Feb 15, 2020
Ok, so I'm planning to install new pads and rotors up front, given that I had to do the same in the rear (was metal on metal grinding on the driver side when I bought it). It was a former FD car, came with four wheel vented disc brakes.

I took a look at options for the front, and there seems to be, at least to me, a little confusion about correct pads and rotors. Comparing construction of pads between police, heavy duty, wagon, sedan, it looks like no matter what they all use the same style bracket but there's no consistency when it comes to how the friction material is shaped. When it comes down to it, is it only a matter of the components of the friction material? Will any pad selection fit?

And the same goes for rotors. Is there any actual difference in front rotor to make a difference in selection? Because with all of this, depending on where I shop, some merchants don't seem to make any distinction. So, I'm just wanting to get all my ducks in a row before I buy something that doesn't actually fit properly, or at all.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Dirtlord

Jun 30, 2020
its a pretty standard gm part selection i always get the high end stuff its usually manufactured better than the cheap Chinesium stuff

ledzilla

Feb 15, 2020
Ok, so it's pretty much for the front brakes no distinction? All of the available rotors and pads for the front will fit regardless of rear configuration? Because that would be nice, and I'd like to use the same type of pads and rotors all the way around.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Latest posts