Dual exhaust crossmember?

Dirtlord

Jun 30, 2020
anyone know if a g body crossmember will fit in the big body chassis? Looks like it might be compatible.....

Classy84

Nov 7, 2019
I bet you could easily do a modification to make it work though. My car has dual exhaust with the factory crossmember so you really don’t need to get a different one.

Shortfuse

May 15, 2020
I just fabed one out of roll bar tubing. They are easy to make. You can even take the one you have and cut off the end on the driver side right after the trans mount and make a hump with rectangle tubing to clear and then back down to the frame . You only need to remake 1/3 of the crossmember.

Reactions: GoodOldsGuy

GoodOldsGuy

Oct 20, 2020
Texas
anyone know if a g body crossmember will fit in the big body chassis? Looks like it might be compatible.....
RCB3-700 cross member fits a TH700R4. The TH350 and 700’s have very similar dimensions and the trans mount center point is within an inch or 2. An adjustable transmission mount would buy you the slack you would need for a TH350 (at least I’m confident lol), but as others have mentioned, your cross member can be modified for double bump twice pipes. If you don’t want to do the mods yourself, get the above mentioned cross member, or if you’re like me and the fire department has asked you to refrain from cutting torch and arc welding as much as possible, just have your exhaust guy fabricator do it, or run both pipes down the passenger side bump. I have an Olds V8 with original exhaust manifolds so both pipes were headed over there already so that’s what I did. It’s not the most efficient power/balance wise but it’s way better than stock, and I mean way better. My 403 powered wagon isn’t headed to a drag strip ever, but if you stand behind it, one tail pipe burns your eyes as well as the other with just the right sound :)

Latest posts