Backseat of a 1966 Pontiac Catalina/Ventura

jacksonkinch

Apr 24, 2020
Me and my Dad are trying to put 6 seatbelts in a Ventura that only came with 4; two in the front and two in the back. The new front seatbelt went in fine, and is comfortable, but we can't find a way to get the back seat out. It's sea green/blue vinyl, so I don't want to take a rubber mallet or anything of the sort near it,.

We can't find any guides or videos online, either, and I don't just want to poke or prod around and screw something up.

Can anybody help? Thank ya.

Attachments

• IMG_4177[1].JPG
    IMG_4177[1].JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 369

rwd_pete

Sep 5, 2018
Usually there is two "latches" made into the bottom edge of the front edge of the back seat. They are typically part of the seat frame structure that is made of heavy steel wire. You have to push the front edge back and pull up on the edge to unlatch it. Then you can lift the front edge and pull the whole seat out. Unfortunately I don't have a clearer picture of our '62 Pontiac. Sometimes I have put my shoulders in the footwell and pushed back because it is awkward getting rearward pressure on it. We similarly added seat belts in the back. They are pretty cheap in a salvage yard.s
2006 pictures 006.jpg

Pontiac interior.jpg

Shortfuse

May 15, 2020
On my impala thereare two bolts in between the upper and lower cushions you remove those and the upper cushion lifts straight up for removal. My memory fades on the bottom though.

Latest posts