Welcome to BBodyForum.com!

GP403

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 30, 2018
Rolla, MO
So hey, we're going to try this again!

You might remember a few years ago I started this site, and then sorely neglected it. I also made the focus waaaaay too wide, going back to the '30s model B-body cars. Not this time. We're all about the last 4 generations of the venerable GM B-Body Platform. This means:
  • Chevrolet
    • Impala (incl. SS!)
    • Caprice
    • Biscayne
    • Bel-Air
  • Oldsmobile
    • Delta 88
    • Delmont 88
  • Buick
    • LeSabre
    • Wildcat
    • Centurion
    • Roadmaster
  • Pontiac
    • Bonneville
    • Catalina
    • Parisienne

and a lot more. There were so many different model and name changes, trim level designations, etc. in these years that listing them all would well, be long.

So sign up, post up an introduction and some pix, and lets get this site rolling. Thx.

GP403
(oh, if you were wondering why the name, I'm also GP403 on GBodyForum.com, so I figure a friendly face would maybe help.)

Reactions: UptownsFinestBoss

O.D. Showtime

Aug 30, 2018
Hello

Grew up with a family that seemed to only buy Bbody cars. The first I remember was a 1960 Impala 4 door, then the 1969 Impala 4 door hardtop. The 69 was given to my older brother and replaced with a 75 Impala with a 400 small block in it. It was then replaced with a 79 Olds Delta 88 Royale 4 door.

GP403

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 30, 2018
Rolla, MO
Huh, been doing a little reading trying to figure out where the 80's Olds 98 fell into things, and that's a different platform still, the "C" body. Along with some of the Cadillacs and Buicks. Go figure.

So, yeah, sure, all you C and D guys are welcome! GM Big Cars ahoy!

CaliWagon83

Aug 30, 2018
Huh, been doing a little reading trying to figure out where the 80's Olds 98 fell into things, and that's a different platform still, the "C" body. Along with some of the Cadillacs and Buicks. Go figure.

So, yeah, sure, all you C and D guys are welcome! GM Big Cars ahoy!

Yeah, I think the main visual differentiator is the rear door quarter window. It's a more triangular shape on the B-Bodies, and a rectangular shape on the C-Bodies (i.e. Electra, 98), and a slightly longer wheelbase (118.9" vs. 116"). The Ds were a 121" WB, IIRC.

gr8whtwhale

Sep 2, 2018
G'boro NC
some of you guys may know me as 1evilregal on the gbody forum, but wanted to come over and show support as well! I no longer own a B-body, but have had a few over the years , including a '74 Impala 2 dr as my first car. I also owned a couple of 9c1 packaged caprices, and really regret selling each one.... maybe again someday:unsure:

Latest posts