Tailgate Window outter scraper

TheWagoon

Feb 11, 2020
Hello all,

I'm currently in search of the outer belt tailgate scraper for my '89 Caprice Estate. Rockauto doesn't have any and I can't seem to find any on eBay.
Does anyone know if I have to restore the old one or custom make a new one? Also any tips on installing belt scrape /weatherstrip? haven't done it before.

Shortfuse

May 15, 2020
Man wagon parts can be a tough find. I had to do window sweeps and weather stripping on a customers Ford Squire wagon and the rear glass one I just couldn't find so I had to make one from a strip of aluminum and some generic weather stripping that I modified. Keep searching though it is out there somewhere,I was on a dead line so it was faster for me to make it than to keep searching.

Reactions: GoodOldsGuy

TheWagoon

Feb 11, 2020
Man wagon parts can be a tough find. I had to do window sweeps and weather stripping on a customers Ford Squire wagon and the rear glass one I just couldn't find so I had to make one from a strip of aluminum and some generic weather stripping that I modified. Keep searching though it is out there somewhere,I was on a dead line so it was faster for me to make it than to keep searching.
Well if it comes to that I suppose I will fashion up some of course I will be endlessly searching.

Latest posts