Swapping a 4.3 to lt1

1handP

Mar 20, 2020
I have a 1987 Caprice 4 door Brougham with a 4.3 V6 fuel injection and I want to swap it with my 1994 Buick Roadmaster LT1 350 with a 700 R4 trans both cars are b-body cars I feel like it should be an easy swap and I don't know engines but this is why I'm asking for help what is some of the main things that I'm going to look for it or should I just take it to the shop

dirtybob

Feb 13, 2020
swapping the motor and trans is pretty simple, getting the wiring right may not be as easy. Never attempted this particular swap but I would think the toughest part will be getting the gauges to work right (if you're even worried about that).
You will want to use as much of the roadmaster's wiring harness and fuel system (etc...) as you can. Probably be a good idea to use the roadmaster (30 spline 8.5) rear end too since your caprice most likely came with the 7.5" rear.

1handP

Mar 20, 2020
Yes I was thinking and planning on using the whole car as possible the whole frame as it all sit in place the wiring I didn't cut nothing at all

1handP

Mar 20, 2020
Sorry no that frame is cracked(roady)
I want everything from under the Roadmaster frame the New Orleans does the cross manifold yeah I was going to use the rear end axle and the front end suspension if possible basically Mopar b-body cars based off the time frame from the 77 to the 96 at the make a couple different holes for motor mounts but I what I is use everything if gas tank I'm just don't know how to do the engine wiring harness I have and couldn't have been to have it all still connected and are Dash and everything I still have all of that everything is separated from the car and is told it off

Latest posts