Looking for sheet metal

GrandvilleSteve

Apr 27, 2019
I need to get new floor pans, and probably a trunk floor for my 74 Grandville convertible. Been hitting a dead end everywhere I search (even a 25yo who never heard of the car). Any suggestions?

JeremyS_21

May 13, 2020
I have a 1972 Grandville convertible. Also looking for a trunk pan and some patch panels for rear quarters. No luck anywhere. Following this thread in case someone has an answer.

Shortfuse

May 15, 2020
I recently installed and 2019 6.0l with a 4l90 into a 63 Cadillac model 62 convertible and couldn't find patch panels either. The trans tunnel also had to be significantly enlarged to fit the new trans since it was twice the size of the old one. I ended up having to buy a sheet of 18ga steel and make my own piece at a time. I had to buy a bead roller and a bench top shear to do it but and make multiple smaller panels to weld together but it worked and came out nice. Stronger than original but it was time consuming. You will also need to invest in some Cleco pins and I reccommend TIG welding it vs MiG as the mig heats things up to much and moves them around.

Reactions: GoodOldsGuy

GoodOldsGuy

Oct 20, 2020
Texas
I recently installed and 2019 6.0l with a 4l90 into a 63 Cadillac model 62 convertible and couldn't find patch panels either. The trans tunnel also had to be significantly enlarged to fit the new trans since it was twice the size of the old one. I ended up having to buy a sheet of 18ga steel and make my own piece at a time. I had to buy a bead roller and a bench top shear to do it but and make multiple smaller panels to weld together but it worked and came out nice. Stronger than original but it was time consuming. You will also need to invest in some Cleco pins and I reccommend TIG welding it vs MiG as the mig heats things up to much and moves them around.
Wow! Very impressive! I thought I had a few tricks up my sleeve on these old cars, but after reading that, I’m grabbing my bag of zip ties and pop rivets (not to mention the JB weld and tube of weatherstrip adhesive) and getting out of the way. :)

Reactions: 78Delta88

78Delta88

Jun 22, 2023
This an older post... Looking for sheet metal pieces.

I'm working with some folks with older cars Arizona. Many have been in yard 20 years or more, most rust free or just minor issues.

Latest posts