Help frame rail switch

Johnse31

Jul 9, 2020
Can anyone tell me if the 1967 oldsmobile Delmont 88 2 door convertible rear frame rails can be cut and put on my 1968 Oldsmobile Delmont 88 2 door hardtop. Are the frames the same ??? Please help thank you john
00202_1g2beF7T9TM_1200x900-1.jpg

GoodOldsGuy

Oct 20, 2020
Texas
Can anyone tell me if the 1967 oldsmobile Delmont 88 2 door convertible rear frame rails can be cut and put on my 1968 Oldsmobile Delmont 88 2 door hardtop. Are the frames the same ??? Please help thank you john View attachment 163
My god, that car is beautiful! I’m sure there is someone out there that knows more about it than I, but my memory tells me convertibles had a different frame configuration than the hard tops. (For lack of overhead rigidity). I’m guessing the convertible frame rails are bigger than the hard tops, but it’s been 45 years since I’ve been under either of them.

Shortfuse

May 15, 2020
I am not sure either but they should be since it is not a unibody car. You will need to take careful measurements to know for sure though. It also matters where you will be replacing from as not all areas are as critical. Say for instance behind the rear suspension just to replace damage from a accident. If it is from in front of the suspension mounts then it is very important to get right or the car can dog leg down the road.

Reactions: GoodOldsGuy

Latest posts