G80 Rear in ‘78 Electra

BrokeShax

Feb 8, 2022
What going on fellas. Bought a 1978 Buick Electra Park Avenue awhile back and am finally at a point where I can start working on it. Recently I found a ‘95-‘96 Roadmaster at a local yard with a g80 rear that I would like to swap into my Buick. I was shooting for a 9c1 with discs but I have read that I need the narrower g80 because of my rear wheel openings. My questions are is that true? And what else do I need to grab to make the swap as easy as possible? Also any other parts I should look for while I’m there? Thanks in advance for any advice and feedback!

DeltaElectra88

Oct 6, 2021
What going on fellas. Bought a 1978 Buick Electra Park Avenue awhile back and am finally at a point where I can start working on it. Recently I found a ‘95-‘96 Roadmaster at a local yard with a g80 rear that I would like to swap into my Buick. I was shooting for a 9c1 with discs but I have read that I need the narrower g80 because of my rear wheel openings. My questions are is that true? And what else do I need to grab to make the swap as easy as possible? Also any other parts I should look for while I’m there? Thanks in advance for any advice and feedback!

G'day, sounds like a cool Electra and a good upgrade, I have swapped several diffs among 77-96 b bodys and would assume the differential should work out if the Roadmaster if it is a sedan, in my experience the wagons are the wider differential, both in track and in control arm mounting, you can squeeze one in a derby car sedan but no good for the road, I would take some measurements to be sure because you never know for sure, the G80 is the option code for a posi/limited slip/locking differential, not the width, my friend has a 56 Chevy 210 sedan on a 90 Caprice frame, it has had al kinds of diffs from stock, 87 Caddy, 87 Caprice, 95 LT1 Caprice, it is really close on the outer wheel wells too, they all fit

MikeThomas1954

Jun 27, 2020
Little Rock AR
I have a 96 caprice Im trying to learn how and whats needed to install the rear disc brakes. Part number 14011389 is supposed to be a universal fit rear disc brake conversion kit.From
D. Brian Smith
Customer Service Representative
Classic Industries, Inc.
p[email protected]
18460 Gothard Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
www.classicindustries.com

I have not done business with them yet. Good Luck. Mike

Latest posts