67 impala windshield rust

Hayden.gersh

Apr 4, 2021
So I've come across a 67 impala that's really solid with the drive train, the only problem is there's no windshield which caused the windshield channel to rust threw. now I can buy the A pillars and roof Channel peices but I can't find anything to fix the bottom channel and dash peice. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a peice to fix it.
20210404_131036.jpg
20210404_131017.jpg

Shortfuse

May 15, 2020
Ok so body work is way more expensive and then drive trains and it is best left to professionals. Now if you still must try this you have 2 options. You can find a donor car to remove it from which will require cutting up the other car or it will have to be hand made. This is some of the most demanding of metal fab projects and it has to be right or you will get leaks. I reccommend a hard pass on this one. You will find more issues farther down and on the floor. Not doing this right will get you rewarded with a twisted car as one of my customers that tried to do this to a 69 Z28 just found out after spending 60k on it when him and his son tried welding in a new floor with out properly bracing the rest of the body, one side would sit 1.5" higher than the other.

Latest posts